Friday, April 26, 2013

The time I fell through the sand dune.

It was close to finals and it was a cool night. 2 of my roommates invited me to go with them to the sand dunes and have a campfire. I invited the boy I had liked A LOT, I mean I seriously love this kid. I thought very highly of him. We had gotten together and studied for tests before but this was like the first unofficial date with him. We drove out to the dunes, it felt like we drove forever. I was more concentrated on him more than anything. We got to the dune. I looked at how big it was. I exclaimed to my friends and laughed "ummm is there another way up, that's a last chance work out( from the show the biggest loser)" they said " you can walk all the way around."   So I started walking and the boy I liked followed me. He helped me up, I'm a very clumsy girl so I was trying to be graceful ha ha.  We get up to the spot to start the fire. The other guy that came with us had trouble lighting the fire ( this is where being an Eagle Scout or Boy Scout would come in handy). It took them about 45 min to get a little fire going.Just enough to let us have s'mores.  We laughed, told stories and talked. We put out the fire and headed down the HUGE side of the dune. There was only one way to go down. As we get about 10 ft near the edge all of a sudden I'm stuck. One of my legs had hit a pocket of air. Me being the big girl I am, obviously didn't help. One of my legs was stuck in the sand up to my crotch( I'm 5'7, so it was probably 3 feet from my foot to my crotch). I start laughing and crying. I was so embarrassed. Here's this boy I'm trying to impress and I'm up to my crotch in sand, lovely. Everyone was laughing. I almost peed my pants I was laughing. I told my roommates to take a picture. But nobody had one. I eventually made my way down and got home. Yup this is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment