Thursday, March 21, 2013

The time I almost burnt the church down...

This was a few years ago. I was in charge of the linger longer after church. That was my calling. We started dinner/lunch during the second hour. We were making spaghetti and garlic bread. The spaghetti were in those big buffet pans, so one pan took up one shelf in the oven. I checked on it every so often to make sure it wasn't burning. It was later in the day and there wasn't a lot of people around, mostly everyone was in the chapel. It was almost time to set the food out and have people come in. I was by myself in the kitchen. I opened the drawer where the potholders were and got them to pick up the tray. All of a sudden one of the potholders slipped at fell, then through the rack and onto the coil where the burner was. I wasn't quick enough to get it. It immediately burst into flames. It was getting bigger and there was still the other tray of spaghetti on the bottom shelf!!! A friend of mine was there and screamed her name and said FIRE!!!  She walked over to the fire extinguisher and put it out. Yup, and it was over and everyone laughed.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had been there! Who was the on who put it out??? You're a nut!

    ReplyDelete